Our privacy practices
FilmOn appreciates that your privacy is very important to you. We recognise that providing personal information is something which requires trust which we take very seriously. We will never sell, offer for rent or in any way disclose your personal information without your consent.
We are keen to strike a fair balance between your personal privacy and ensuring you obtain full value from the internet and other products and services we may be able to market to you.
We comply with the Data Protection Act 1998. Further information on the Act is on the internet at www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk. We use the data protection padlock symbol below to show when we gather personal data from you. Look out for it on the site.
Reproduced courtesy of the Information Commissioner's Office and the National Consumer Council
In some areas of our website, we ask you to provide information that will enable us to enhance your site visit or reply to you after your visit. This would include where you subscribe to our online newsletters or provide feedback to us through contact form or when you complete any online survey we may offer from time to time. When you do, so we ask you to give us your name, email address and other personal information that will be needed to supply the services to you. In relation to online newsletters you can 'unsubscribe' at any time. We may use your personal data for future email mailings, support, notification of new films or new products available on our website, general correspondence regarding the films and correspondence which may relate to you. If you would rather not receive future marketing emails from us please inform us by email at email@example.com. Such use is strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. Every email from us comes with an easy to use unsubscribe instruction and you can be removed from our lists at any time, although this can take up to 30 days to effect. Your details will never be sent to any third party and we will only market to you the same kind of goods and services you purchased from us or made an enquiry to us about.
The information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to support your customer relationship with us. We do not disclose or sell your information outside our corporate group except if we sell the whole or part of our business. Notwithstanding the above we may disclose information you provide to Partner Companies for the purposes of providing the services as specified in our general terms and conditions.
Trading from our website
Making sure you can buy safely online is a priority for us and we have made strenuous efforts to ensure that security is one of our highest priorities and we have devoted a great deal of effort to ensure that our online security measures help to safeguard your information. We use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of:
- otentially sensitive information such as your name and address;
- critically-sensitive information like your credit card number.
We hope that once you understand the measures we take to help ensure secure transactions and privacy, and the steps you can take yourself, you will be as happy about the safety of your online transaction and order information as we are. We have no desire to infringe your privacy while using our site and we will never provide your personal information to anyone else except as set out in this policy, our general terms or if we sell our business in whole or in part.
A cookie is a message given to a web browser by a web server. The message is then stored by the browser in a text file called cookie.txt. Each time the browser requests a page from the server, this message is sent back. A cookie's main objective is to identify users and personalise their visit by customising web pages for them, for example by welcoming them by name next time they visit the same site. A site using cookies will usually invite you to provide personal information such as your name, email address and interests.
Your personal information is safe with us
We are a data controller of your data under the Act. Our corporate details and address and other contact details are here. At FilmOn we use the information we collect to serve our customers in the following ways.
We may use your contact information to let you know about enhancements to the site and your subscription entitlements. If you would rather not receive this information please inform us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you register and/or use this site, we will ask you to provide certain information, such as your contact details and demographic information. Where you take out a chargeable service with us, we will also retain billing data in relation to you.
We will store this Data and use it to contact you, provide you with details of services and otherwise for the normal use and improvement of the site, unless you have asked us not to do so.
- 1. We may also use the data you send to us by completion of surveys to prepare user profiles. We do not pass on your personal data to any third parties except:
- - to enable you to obtain access to the restricted parts of certain service providers' information;
- - to enable you to receive information you have requested to be sent to you by post (we will disclose your address); or
- - to enable you to receive a paid for service;
- - to Partner Companies for the purposes of providing the Services as indicated in the general Terms and Conditions.
- 2. So we can check and improve the Site, we may gather information about you when you use it, such as details of your operating system, browser version, domain name and internet provider's address, the details of the website from which you came.
- 4. Our website provides links to other sites. We are not responsible for their data protection policies. You should check their privacy policies if you are concerned.
- 5. We do our best to protect your personal data including through the use of encryption technology, but we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose.
- 6. We add to the data which you give us information we obtain from third parties. You have the right to receive information about your personal data which we hold under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you believe any of your data held by us is incorrect, please contact us.
- 7. We have obligations under money laundering legislation to check the identity of users of our website and may need to make enquiries and obtain information from you for that purpose. You confirm that all information you supply will be accurate and that we may pass on such information as we consider necessary to comply with any legal/reporting requirements.
- 8. You agree that we may disclose to any person empowered to require such information by or under any legal enactment, any information they may request or require relating to you.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that our website places on your computer or mobile device in order for us to personalise our services.
What cookies are used for on FilmOn
Cookies are also used by third-party advertisers for tracking various statistics across different websites in order to target ads on an individual basis, this is called behavioural advertising.
These third-party advertisers have their own Privacy Policies. If you would prefer to Opt-Out of behavioural-based advertising then using the Network Advertising Initiatives Opt-Out tool will automatically opt you out of all advertisers in their organisation. To Opt-Out of specific advertisers you will need to go to their individual websites and find their Opt-Out links.
There are more blanket approaches to blocking cookies involving disabling them in your web browser and installing add-ons or extensions to block them for specific websites.
For more information on privacy relating to online behavioural advertising click here.
Further information on data protection and personal privacy
For further information from us on data protection and privacy contact:
The Data Protection Manager
111PIX.COM Limited, 111 Wardour Street, 1st Floor, London, W1F 0UH
Facsimile (+44) (0) 207 734 2819
Information on the Data Protection Act 1998 is also on the Information Commissioner's website at www.dataprotection.gov.uk
Use of this Site is subject to our Terms and Conditions
111PIX.COM Limited is a company registered in England.
Changes to this policy